Δευτέρα 20 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010


I am compiling a "year book". It contains 30x30 layouts that document our year all over. From day to day events, to concerts and theaters and family gatherings and celebrations. Everything that made the 2010 worth to remember.

One of these events - a sad one- was the day that the hill over my family house in Vouliagmeni was burning. My sister and my parents live there now as I have moved more than 15 years, but it is still my home and the place I grew up. I know every little rock and tree on that hill, I have played in every inch of it, I was there in the last fire 17 years ago, I have witnessed the slow growth of the pines as the place was left on its own to heal its scars.

This time our help was not needed as the fire brigades and the helicopters were more than adequate, but the hill over our house has been burnt one more time, the villas "eat" little by little the tree space and the vegetation cannot "steal" some time to rebirth from the ashes.

This is the lo I made - more pictures and text than embellishments, but as it is the one and only lo that has no pictures of persons, I decided to upload it.

I used a Halloween paper combined with a fire overlay that I printed in a transparency, and a black Core'dinations with some Anita's acrylic paint on it, Tim Holtz's tissue paper , chipboard letters from The Girl's Paperie, a stamp of Hero Arts for the distressing as well as Cat's eye charcoal chalk ink - and that's it. The rest is pictures and feelings...

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Τέλεια η ιδέα για το year book, Μυρτώ!!
    Μου αρέσουν και οι συνθέσεις σου, ιδιαίτερα η πρώτη - η μεγάλη φωτογραφία ανέκαθεν με έλκυε, δίνει άλλο νόημα στη σύνθεση. Μπράβο σου!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή