Κυριακή 12 Ιουνίου 2011


One of the jobs that I consider tiresome is the construction of invitations. This happens because I can never keep it simple. And of course, using different tecniques is fun when you make the prototype but very boring when you have to repeat it x times. But it happens that sometimes the recipient is worth the effort.

The invitations I will show you were made for a baptism (christening), of a dear baby boy whose parents are close friends. I also made the wish book and the paper part of the decorations but these are an other post.

The theme was pirates, so I had to improvise into something that was of pirate origin but happy enough to fit a cute baby boy.

I used black and white canson paper to cut the invitation in two different sizes in my craft-robo.I distressed the white paper using distress inks and water and finally ironed it flat. I passed the invitation through my printer, stamped the little pirate and the compass , colored them with promarkers and added glitter and glossy accents for a shine. I added a brad to the compass and paper pierced the parrot and glued it with dimentional dots to give a 3D impression. I embossed with antique embossing powder the white poles and then put everything together using Mod Podge.

The "envellope" is made on a similar basis, except that I colored the ship with Derwent Inktense pencils, as the promarkers stain the back side of the paper as well.




3 σχόλια:

  1. Μυρτώ, έβαλες ΠΟΛΛΗ δουλειά και κόπο, αλλά το αποτέλεσμα σε δικαίωσε απόλυτα!!! Τέτοιες προσκλήσεις δεν έχω ξαναδεί.... Χίλια μπράβο σου!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Καλά, μόλις είδα τις προσκλήσεις έμεινα με το στόμα ανοιχτό... είναι ΚΑ-ΤΑ-ΠΛΗ-ΚΤΙ-ΚΕΣ! Τρελή δουλειά, με φανταστικό αποτέλεσμα! Τα χρώματα μου αρέσουν πολύ, το distressing δένει υπέροχα με το θέμα... Από τις πιο καλόγουστες προσκλήσεις που έχω δει! Συγχαρητήρια!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Brilliant work Myrto ... love, love, love them ... the work you have put in definitely shows!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή